ENTRY LEVEL AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIAN
Technician (Entry Level) – Automotive
Why wait to make a career out of doing what you love? Some of best master technicians started in the business started as Express Service Technicians. So if working on cars gets your gears moving, contact us today. As a customer retention technician, you’ll start by being responsible for inspecting and lubricating vehicles quickly and thoroughly. And with a little hard work and dedication, who knows where you’ll be able to go? At our dealership, the door is always open. And so are your options.
We offer paid training and a tool assistance program!
- Perform multipoint inspections
- Communicate additional service/repair needs to service advisors
- Service universal joints, grease fittings, and steering knuckles using hand- or compressed-air powered grease guns
- Inspect fluid levels in steering gears, power steering reservoirs, transmissions, differentiasl, rear axle housings and shackles
- Check tire pressure
- Lubricate moving parts with specified lubricants
- Drain oil from crankcase and refill with required amount of oil
- Add water to radiator and battery
- Replace oil and air filters
- Inspect all vehicles for additional repairs
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, safety standards and codes of conduct
- Follow dealership safety procedures to avoid exposure to fumes, dirt and harsh chemicals
- Must meet dealership’s requirements for employment
- Ability to read/comprehend written instructions and information
- Familiarity with all aspects of automotive repair/maintenance
- Must have a valid driver license and be able to operate manual transmissions
- Prior experience as a technician’s helper or apprentice preferred
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
Benefits offered include medical, vision and dental insurance, 401K retirement savings plan, Vacation time, holiday and sick leave, company paid continuing education and training. Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all associates. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
About Our Dealership
John O'Neil Johnson Toyota is committed to providing our customers with an outstanding automotive experience; delivered with professionalism, integrity and enthusiasm. Together, we pledge to make John O'Neil Johnson Toyota the best place to work, and in turn, the best place for our customers to shop.
We provide our customers with comprehensive services, including sales of both new and used cars and light trucks, sales of replacement parts, performance of vehicle maintenance, warranty, paint and collision repair services, and arrangement of extended warranty contracts, financing and insurance for the company's customers.
We are looking for self-motivated individuals who are committed to providing our customers with an outstanding automotive experience that is delivered with professionalism, integrity and enthusiasm.